The thing about getting a
present for your boyfriend or S.O. is that it’s VERY tricky. If you’ve been dating for a month or two, it’s hard to know just yet what he likes (or dislikes), which is not helpful.
On the flip side, if you’ve been dating for years, then you’re probably all out of great ideas. See what I mean?
And if he wasn’t nice enough to leave you a wish list—or at least leave some tabs open on his laptop with some hints—you might be in a tough spot right now.
Luckily, we’re here to help. Whether you’re still waiting to DTR or you live together, here are a number of unique good birthday gifts for guys of all stages. So shop away, or if all else fails, go with a funny gift to take the stress off.
– Nothing like a birthday to make your long-distance relationship feel more like a lonely dating relationship. Send an instant reminder that you’re thinking of your boyfriend on his birthday (and every other day) with these light-up bracelets. Long-Distance Touch Bracelet Set
– If your guy wears a uniform, suits, or scrubs every day, getting ready probably feels a bit monotonous. But with this sock subscription service, which sends a surprise pair each month, getting ready doesn’t have to be so boring. Surprise Pair of Socks Subscription Crew Socks
– It’s his birthday, so he can drink in the shower if he wants to. And with this speaker and bottle holder in one, shower time is basically party time. Shower Beer Holder Bluetooth Speaker
– The best gifts are simple and heartfelt. This wooden cutout card with a sweet customizable message is one your boyfriend will save forever. Favorite Person in the World Wood Card
– Birthdays are great for reminding you of (1) how old you are and (2) all the experiences on your bucket list that are yet to be had. This book is the perfect gift for the adventurer who’s constantly looking to plan his next trip. The Bucket List: 1000 Adventures Big & Small
– Navy-blue kicks with wool fabric are the perfect addition to his winter wardrobe, and this pair has more than 450 reviews with a 4-star rating, so you know they’re good. Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker
– Get him a shirt that’s not like his others in the form of a plaid button-up with surprisingly silky, soft fabric. This one is so comfy that he’ll wear it over and over again. Lennox Regular-Fit Plaid Button-Up Shirt
– He loves to jam out to his Spotify playlists, so get him a Bluetooth speaker with amazing sound quality so he can listen to them out loud. Sonos One SL, the Powerful Microphone-Free Speaker for Music and More
– If he’s all about whipping up a gourmet meal at home, then he’s gonna need the right pots and pans. A brand-new 10-piece set of stainless steel cookware is easy to clean and looks good in any kitchen. Cooks Standard 10-Piece Multi-Ply Clad Cookware Set, Stainless Steel
+ Body, Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver – A fancy electric trimmer and shaver might not be the most romantic gift, but if he’s serious about his grooming habits, then a lightweight do-it-all tool is definitely for him. OneBlade Face
– Unwinding after a long day is important, and sometimes you just need to chill out with a good ol’ video game. Get him the Switch and you can play Mario Kart to both your hearts’ content. Nintendo Switch With Neon-Blue and Neon-Red Joy‑Con
– Football is back, baby! He’s probably v excited to sit and watch all the games, so get him a knit beanie with his team’s logo that he can wear out. Detroit Lions Cold-Weather Sport Knit
– Not every guy is a jewelry person, and that’s okay! But a woven bracelet with an easy clasp is subtle yet cool if he likes wearing something around his wrist. Blue, White, and Brown Woven Bracelet in Stainless Steel
– A duffel bag is basically a necessity in every guy’s closet, and it’s the perfect size to use as a carry-on or to take on a quick weekend getaway. He’ll like the muted tones, the ample storage, and the luxe leather trim. Canvas Travel Weekender Duffel Luggage Bag
– A travel bag definitely comes in handy when you’re, well, traveling, so booking a surprise trip to a place you’ve both wanted to visit is a great birthday idea. I mean, just look at this dreamy Airbnb near Joshua Tree National Park. The Joshua Tree House
– He’ll look like the coolest dude on the block in a pair of classic black sunglasses. This anti-scratch acetate pair can also be fitted for prescription lenses. Warby Parker Harris
– A water-resistant watch with a leather strap and blue face will go with both his dressy and casual outfits. Aviation Stainless Steel & Italian Leather Sunray Dial Strap Watch
– If he’s the outdoorsy type, a durable hammock he can hook to any tree is a thoughtful gift. The two of you can cozy up in this together the next time you hit the trails, and it folds into a compact carrier after use. Double Parachute Camping Hammock
– Golf balls are a great gift for golfers, albeit a little basic and obvious. But pair that box of Titleist balls with a personalized golf ball stamp, and you’ve got a genius gift idea. Personalized Golf Ball Stamp
– Framed maps are cool and all, but this wooden world map is a unique take on wall art. Any traveler would love to fill up space in their room with this decorative idea. Wooden World Map
– If your S.O. is constantly asking for help working out a knot in his tight, sore muscles, make it easier on the both of you with this handheld massaging device. Hypervolt Featuring Quiet Glide Technology Handheld Percussion Massage Device
– If your S.O. uses as much creamer as he does coffee, he’d be stoked to get one of these heat-regulating coffee mugs for his birthday. Just connect it to his phone and keep the temperature consistently heated through the app. Temperature Control Smart Mug, 14 oz
– No one likes warm beer. This icicle bottle topper will keep your boyfriend’s beer cold the entire time he drinks it—yes, even those last few sips. Chillsner
– When you realize how much you spend on sparkling water over the course of a few months, this at-home carbonator won’t sound all that expensive. If your guy loves him a bubbly beverage, get him this cool little kitchen gadget. Premium Carbonator
– If he’s the kind of guy who’d pick a cocktail over a cold one, give your boyfriend a set of tools to upgrade his bar cart. This one comes with ice tongs, a double jigger, a strainer, and a bottle opener as well as a rack to hold them all in. Cocktail Tool Set
For more details of these good birthday gifts for guys, please visit